5 Minute prep time, 40 Minute cook time
- Per person, allow –
- 2 Sausages
- 2-3 Rashers of Turkey bacon
- 1 Cup of Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Ripe Tomato, Sliced
- ¼ Ripe Plantain
- ¼ Sliced Avocado
- 1 large egg
- 400g Baked Beans
- 2 Slices of Uncle John’s Bakery Sweet Bread (or any of our other bread varieties)
- 5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Butter or Jam (optional)
- Preheat the grill to medium/high and preheat the oven to 120°C, fan 100°C, gas ½.
- Grill the sausages for 15 minutes. Turn the sausages occasionally until they are golden and cooked through. On the same grill, add the sliced tomatoes mushrooms for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Remove all the food from the grill and keep warm in the oven.
- Heat a large frying pan then add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the bacon and fry until crisp on both sides. Remove from the pan and place in oven to keep warm.
- Add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a frying pan. Fry the plantain slices until they are golden with crisp edges.
- Place the baked beans in a small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the baked beans are simmering, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil into a clean, large frying pan. Crack the egg and fry until the white has set and the yolks are still slightly runny – or to your individual preference.
- For the bread, either place in toaster and accompany with butter or jam if you wish. Alternatively, butter each slice of bread and place on a large frying pan for 2-3 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Serve along with the sliced avocado.